Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani, and Jason Bonham appeared on Sirius/XM’s Trunk Nation last week (November 15th) and the entire interview has been released!
Here’s a rundown of what you’ll hear followed by the complete episode:
- How the recent release of the remastered Van Halen/Sammy Hagar era albums (The Collection II) led to the Best Of All Worlds tour
- Why Sammy chose Joe Satriani for the tour
- Why Joe agreed to take on the challenge
- Joe and Michael Anthony on talking with Alex Van Halen and David Lee Roth in 2021 for the then possible Van Halen tribute
- Why Jason Bonham is the perfect choice for the tour
- Joe on first hearing Eddie Van Halen on guitar
- Will Joe try to replicate Eddie or just be himself?
- Michael on Eddie’s instrumental songwriting approach
- Jason getting snubbed by Alex the first time they met
- Michael on John Bonham taking a swing at Alex the first time they met!
- What to expect on the tour setlist, will Joe and Jason do solos, and how much Van Halen will their be?
- Guest musicians are welcome (Alex, David Lee Roth, Gary Cherone, and Wolfgang included!)
- Which Van Halen songs will Mike sing?
- Van Halen songs Sammy is looking forward to singing