David Lee Roth has released another episode of The Roth Show. Gather ’round the campfire kids, Uncle Dave has some early-day Van Halen stories to tell!
Here’s a rundown of what Dave talks about (and sings) in episode two, season two of The Roth Show recorded in Studio B at Henson Studios:
- The Golden Years: Living gig-to-gig
- Playing & fighting at Walter Mitty’s Rock ‘n Grill Emporium in Pomona
- The story behind Dave’s “the smell of fresh sawdust on the floor” lyric from “Somewhere Over The Rainbow Bar & Grill”
- Drunk girl dancing the night away with her pants on backwards
- The storied history of Henson Studios
- “Somewhere Over The Rainbow Bar & Grill” [Alternate Version]