Sammy Hagar’s new CD, Cosmic Universal Fashion is being released next week, on Nov. 18th.
Want to hear some of the album RIGHT NOW?
Then click here to listen to Sammy’s interview on Rockline last week, where he plays some of the album and takes phone calls from fans. It’s about an hour long, and it’s great!
OUR REVIEW: The album is fantastic! It’s “classic-Sammy” enough to please all his longtime fans, and it’s also different enough to surprise them.
This album is much harder rock than Sammy’s somewhat country-sounding, fun-in-the-sun effort, Living It Up. Many fans will consider it a welcome step back into hard rock territory, while still being a FUN album. Every fan of Sammy’s solo career and every Sammy-era Van Halen fan should get this album!
Song per song:
1. Cosmic Universal Fashion – If you heard the music to this track without Sammy’s voice over it, you’d never dream that it could be a Sammy song. The music is very different than what you’d expect. It’s an interesting departure. Although it’s a good song and an interesting departure, most of his fans will like many songs on the album more than this.
2. Psycho Vertigo – Now we’re talkin’! HARD & HEAVY! A KILLER song! Written with Planet Us.
3. Peephole – A whole new level of heaviness, and the cocals and lyrics are very DARK. The subject matter is quite disturbing. Written with Planet Us.
4. LOUD – Sammy’s new Big-Rock anthem. This is his favorite song on the CD.
5. Fight For Your Right To Party – This Beastie Boys cover doesn’t do much for us. We usually skip it.
6. Switch On The Light – Very unique, fun, bluesy song. Great stuff!
7. When The Sun Don’t Shine – Wonderful song – kinda country & has some Hawaiian slide guitar. Sounds like it could have been one of the better songs from Livin It Up.
8. 24365 – Fun & funky, this song KICKS ASS! Maybe our favorite song on the album.
9. I’m On A Roll – A hard rocker that Sammy wrote for Nascar.
10. Dreams/Cabo – This live acoustic track mentally transports you right in the middle of a Sammy concert, just in time for the encore.