Does anybody remember decadence in rock n’ roll? If you don’t, then good for you. Mixing rock n’ roll with drugs & poontang isn’t the unspoken requisite it used to be, and because of that, fewer ‘rock stars’ dress accordingly (badly) anymore. Regardless, there are still some out there rich enough to look like idiots. So, combining past with present, we’ve compiled a list of 15 of the worst outfits ever worn by rock stars. And by ’stars’, we basically mean ‘you might’ve heard of them’.
15. David Lee Roth…in assless chaps
As the legendary lead singer for Van Halen, Diamond Dave made his bones in the mid-80s, which means all the flamboyant womanizing and coke-snorting can be halfway forgiven. But alas, assless chaps are timelessly lame.
14. Rick James is super-freaky in leather
13. David Bowie — ‘Thin White Duke’ phase
12. Color Me Badd in suits
11. Jobriath — Trying to be David Bowie…and failing
10. Nelson’s acid washed jeans & leather initiate hair metal’s decline
9. Axl Rose — 2006 MTV Video Music Awards
8. John Lennon’s Jesus Suit
7. Elton John is Donald Duck
6. Wendy O. Williams in not a whole lot
5. Devo popularizes New Wave…then kills it with flower pot hats
4. Twisted Sister
3. Boy George
2. Marilyn Manson — The Dope Show